Sometimes slower is better - especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion. While rapid protein absorption is desirable immediately before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day.
Casein proteins are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken-down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins. Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.*
Beyond The Basics
- 24 g Instantized Blend of Slow-Digesting Casein-Based Proteins
- Rich in Highly Anti-Catabolic Micellar Casein*
- Over 9 g of BCAAs, Glutamine, and Glutamine Precursors per Scoop
- Only 3-4 g of Carbs
- Serving Size1Heaping Scoop(33g)
- Servings Per Container 27
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories From Fat10
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat1g2%
- Saturated Fat0.5g3%
- Trans Fat0g
- Total Carbohydrate3g1%
- Dietary Fiber1g4%
- Vitamin A0%
- Vitamin C0%
- Typical Amino Acid Profile (Milligrams Per Serving)
- Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)
- Conditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs)
- Glutamine & Precursors4950mg
- Nonessential Amino Acids (NAAs)
- Aspartic Acid1589mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Micellar Casein, Cocoa(Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Salt, Lecithin, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Aminogen®.
Allergen Information: Contains Milk And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.
Directions For Optimum 100% Casein Protein: Use ON 100% Casein Protein first thing in the morning, immediately before bed, in place of small meals, and/or any other time when delayed protein absorption is desired. To encourage a positive nitrogen balance, consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day.